Friday, February 7, 2014

Nope not gonna work.

I'm always amused at how people treat diabetes as a naturally curable thing but at some point I just become seriously annoyed. It's one of the reasons I'm such a big advocate for renaming type one to make people realize I might as well have no pancreas because it's as good as dead.

When people cross the line from trying to be helpful to being downright stupid I let them know but it tends to not be in the nicest way. For instance my aunt who I love dearly tried to convince me to try the okra water thing (soaking okra in water overnight and drinking it) and normally because she's family I would have smiled and nodded but this woman is married to a type one diabetic and she doesn't understand the disease! I told her as nicely as I could that it was a bunch of horse crap and explained that you can't regrow beta cells with okra.

No cinnamon will not help, exercising will only reduce the amount I need, and avoiding candy won't prevent me from needing insulin (newsflash carbs break down into sugar).


That's my little rant for the day have a beautiful weekend.

No comments:

Post a Comment